Re: Need to create a graphic layout of my table relationshipd

From: <smoore_at_accordhr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:24:09 GMT

In article <3594F4CC.636D4BDE_at_iquest.net>,   "David K. Van Zandt" <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net> wrote:

> You're looking for what's commonly known as a data modeling tool. The
> other reply regarding Designer 2000 is correct but very expensive.
> Depending upon your needs and budget, other possibilities of
> better-known tools include ErWIN and PowerDesigner (Sybase) (which I
> recommend - inexpensive and powerful).
>
> Sean Dolan wrote:
> >
> > My project is getting so large that I'd like to get "oraganized".
Is there a program that can basically "storyboard" your tables graphically. Just show the tables, the fields, and relationships. In Access 97, they have exactly what I'm lookin for (no functionality just for looks and to print out)... the problem is that in Access, you can't print out your relationship diagram. You have to take a screen capture and print that. Well, 50 tables won;t fit on one page. Any suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Sean Dolan
>
> --
> Dave Van Zandt
> (work) david.vanzandt_at_alcoa.com
> (pers) dvanzandt@iquest.net http://members.iquest.net/~dvanzandt

If you really want to be cheap, I think MS has a fix to allow you to print the Access Relationships window as a free download from their website.