SQL*Loader From VB4 16-bit with Shell function does not end in Win95

From: Phil Sevenants <sevenants_at_SPAM.cp-consulting.com>
Date: 29 Jun 1998 15:14:09 -0500

I am haveing a situation under Win95 using VB4.0 16-bit that I can not solve. Any help would be appriciated. Here is what I am doing

Genral Declaration Section
Public Declare Function GetModuleUsage% Lib "Kernel" (ByVal hModule%) '

Private Sub Command1_Click()
RetVal = 0
RetVal = Shell(Environ("COMSPEC") & " /C C:\SQLLOAD.EXE a_bunch_of_parameters", 3)
'waits for a task handle (MS KB Q147671) Do While RetVal = 0
DoEvents
Loop

'wait for the task to finish (MS KB Q96844) While GetModuleUsage(RetVal) >
0
x = DoEvents()
Wend

End Sub

////////
But, the fly in the ointment is I think this starts two processes one for the command.com and one for the sqlload.exe. the command.com finishes nicely...BUT the sqload keeps going and going.... the only way to nicely close it is though the "Close Program List" (ctl-alt-del). Is this a SQLoad application? Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 15:14:09 CDT