Re: Justifying a new DBA position

From: Luca Minudel <luca.minudel_at_nline.it>
Date: 29 Jun 1998 17:17:23 GMT

As you said, there are 2 workers and there is work for 3 or more = workers.
The work requires DBA and/or Programming duties. Your boss need one more programmer/DBA if he want job done well.

That's how... I think.

Good luck!

 Luca Minudel                    software designer
 Italy                             Conegliano (TV)
 voice & fax                     +39 (0)438 412280
 e-mail                      luca.minudel_at_nline.it
 WWW                       (italian language used)
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/4041

Kenneth Murphy <murphyk_at_umsystem.edu> scritto nell'articolo = <6n16ph$fnq$1_at_news.missouri.edu>...
> Hello.
>
> I am one of 2 programmers in my department that are working on =
developing
> various database applications on the web using, OWAS 2.1 & 3.0, PL/SQL =
and
> ORACLE 7 & 8.
>
> We have one production instance on an RS6000 running AIX, Oracle 7.3 =
and
> OWAS 2.1.
> We have one production instance on a Dell PowerEdge running NT, Oracle =
8 and
> OWAS 3.0.
> We have one development instance on a GateWau E-3100 running NT, =
Oracle 7.3
> and OWAS 2.1.
>
> There is a sys-admin for the RS6000, but he only is the admin for the =
OS.