Dev. 2000 Reports 3.0 and SQL

From: cynthial <clangevin_at_tcipro.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:01:41 GMT

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions how to write the SQL query from a view that contains physician's privileges to work at a facility, company or team and they have a start_date and end_date for these privileges.

So, in the report, there is a parameter form that the user can enter a date range to run a report for. If they select say 01/01/1998 to 01/02/1998, then how do I write the SQL statement that checks to see if the start_date falls between this time period and their end_date might be NULL?

I do not want any physicians to print that are not privileged to work at a facility with a start_time earlier than what the user enters as a date range, or if they leave the date range a generic start_date of the beginning of time, I want to get them all that are privileged.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

Cynthia
You can respond to my email at clangevin_at_tcipro.com and I will check here also.

 This message sent via http://www.talkway.com/. Surf Usenet! Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 09:01:41 CDT