Re: Server Manager does not return text in UNIX

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1998/06/26

Have your tried

        $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oerr ORA 12545
It returned:

12545, 00000, "TNS:name lookup failure"

// *Cause: A protocol specific ADDRESS parameter cannot be resolved.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly;
// the most likely incorrect value is the node name.

mike_andrew_at_usiva.com wrote:
: When I connect to svrmgrl on HP-UX B.10.20 I get the following results

: Oracle Server Manager Release 2.1.4.0.0 - Production

: Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545

: Any ideas on what this could be?

: Thanks in advance.

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you