ADO, ODBC, & Oracle Workgroup Server Problem ...

From: Long Pham <long.pham_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: 27 Jun 1998 00:05:02 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to the local workgroup server 7.3 using ODBC & ADO & VB 5.0. I have setup a TNS name using SQL*Net Easy Config. I am using the MS ODBC driver (v 2.73).

The configuration for the DSN is as follows: Data Source Name: CPS
User Name: system
Server: SEND
SID: ORCL The setting under SQL*Net Easy Config for this entry is as follows:
Database Alias: SEND
Protocol: Bequeath
Bequeath Computer: localhost
Database Instance: ORCL

the ADO code to open the connection is as follows:

Dim adoConn As ADODB.Connection
Dim adoRs As ADOR.Recordset
Dim sConnStr As String

sConnStr = "DSN=CPS;User ID=system;pwd=manager" Set adoConn = New ADODB.Connection
adoConn.Open sConnStr

I get the following error when I execute the code ... ORA-12547 : TNS:lost contact

Can anyone give me some advice on how to resolve this situation ? Any help is much appreciated ...

Long Pham Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 19:05:02 CDT