Oracle Express Objects - Printing Fun

From: Julie B Herman <jherman_at_red.seas.upenn.edu>
Date: 26 Jun 1998 14:46:29 GMT

I'm posting with an ugly problem I'm having developing an application in Oracle Express Objects 2.1. The users of our application are confused by Oracle's standard print dialog box, so I have set up another dialog box that allows users to set the options that they need, and then I call the StartDoc, StartPage, Print, EndPage, and EndDoc methods to print out the table that they need. Here's an excerpt. local_prn refers to the printer object being used, and local_table refers to the table I'm trying to print.

if (not local_prn.GetDefaultDC()) then

			local_table.ZoomFactor = 100
			exit sub
		end if
		call local_prn.StartDoc
		call local_prn.StartPage
		call application.setselectedobject(local_table)
		local_table.Print(local_prn)
		call local_prn.EndPage
		call local_prn.EndDoc

This worked yesterday, but today when I ran the same code after a few minor edits to other parts of the program, my printer only spat out a blank page! (And yes, there is toner in the printer.) Has anyone run across this - what could be wrong with my printer object that it is no longer printing anything out? Please email me if you can offer any assistance.

--
--Julie

	    @@@@@@@@
	 @@@ (o o) @@@