Re: browser to Oracle 7.3.3 on NT

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 23:12:11 GMT

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 18:06:50 -0400, Janovjak <janovjak_at_ican.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am looking for some guidance on getting started on developing a
>relatively simple read-only html (Netscape) interface to the Oracle
>database. Users are currently on Windows95, and would access data via
>an intranet.
>
>I have done this before using html-Perl-SAS-Sybase, and am wondering
>about using Perl again, as well as using Oracle Web Server. Are there
>other methods which more advance Oracle users would recommend?

If you get the Oracle Web Server you can write PL/SQL to dynamically generate you HTML. There is also a utility called WebView that will help yor create these stored procedures from your web browser. You can download WebView from:

http://govt.us.oracle.com

and follow the link for downloadable utilities.