Oracle DBA Certification (OCP)

From: <rsvcool_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:45:50 GMT

Hi,

   I have a lot of questions about the Oracle DBA certification under the Oracle Certified professional.

  1. Is it possible to pass this exams without taking Oracle's classes ?
  2. I have ben working with Oracle 7.3 for about 2 years. I have rimarily been an appplication developer but have done things like installing upgarding, adding new parts, backups , troubeshooting and so on on with Oracle on Sun Solaris. I have no formal DBA training but things I have picked up over the years through the use of manuals etc. There is a still a lot I dont know, given my profile(Education MS computerScience, background in sys admin as well) do you think it would be something I may be cut out to pass ?
  3. I am primarily counting on my books with respect Oracle DBA handbboks and the actual Oracle 7.3 manuals which I have tried to study for sometime now. Is this sufficient ? Can anyon epoint me to any other material that I could utlize ? Can we buy just tests from anywhere other than Oracle ?
  4. Prepation of three months, is it enough ?
  5. BTW, do we have take all four tests on the same day ?
  6. Can anyone give me their views of how toucgh the exams actaully are.

I would appreciate any feedback. Feel free to let me know if I asked stupid questions. Though, reasonably confident of some level of Oracle knowledge I would
like to use this opportunity to study things I havent as well as give legitimacy to my knowledge. I appreciate any help. Thanks,

rsvcool_at_yahoo.com