Re: Oracle 7.3.3 & Oracle 8.0.4 on Sun Solaris.. Can they run together?

From: Herlina <herlina_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: 1998/06/24

Hello Vlad,

you must put in different ORACLE_HOME directory, before you're run orainst from 8.0.4
set ORACLE_HOME to different dir or CREATE DIFFFERENT UNIX USER as AN ORACLE OWNER
> some of the configuration files seem to overlap, as
> /opt/bin/oraenv - default should be in $ORACLE_HOME/bin
> /opt/bin/dbhome - default should be in $ORACLE_HOME/bin

> /var/opt/oratab - these are sample entries :
733:/data1/app/oracle/product/7.3.3:N
804:/data1/app/oracle/product/8.0.4:N
oratab will be read when you execute . oraenv

hope it'll help ..