Re: Oracle OCI - Demo Include Files...

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 1998/06/24

["Michael Rosadino" <mrosadino_at_snet.net>]

| Recently we've been trying to develop C/C++ programs which interface with
| an Oracle 7.2/UNIX platform RDBMS using the Oracle OCI demo files written in
| C. Unfortunately, there are 2 header files which seem to be missing from
| the set, "oratypes.h" and "ocidfn.h". Does anyone know where I can obtain
| these source files?

check your $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo directory to see if they are there (that is where they're at in my installation) then make sure you give the compiler the correct -I flags.

excerpts from Makefile for an OCI-application:

  # include files for Oracle.  note that some of the header files
  # are found under the demo directory.  one might ponder the wisdom
  # of dumping important header files into something labeled as
  # tutorial code...
  #

  INCLUDE = -I$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/demo -I.
  # compiler flags for HP-UX.
  # -Ae:  puts the compiler in ANSI mode
  #       makes sure _POSIX_SOURCE is defined
  #       enables "value-added features" whatever that may be
  #
  # -g    include debugging info
  # +w1   whine-mode.  good for plucking fluff off code
  #
  CFLAGS      = $(INCLUDE) -Ae -g +w1

  [...]

  oralib.o: oralib.c oralib.h

        @echo "  - building '$@'"
        @$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ -c oralib.c  $(LDFLAGS)

if you run into trouble trying to link the executable mail me, and I'll send you a boilerplate Makefile that I made for OCI-development.

PS: if you really don't have the header-files on your system I suggest

    you contact Oracle. I have them, but I am not sure whether I can     legally give them to you so I won't.

-Bjørn

--
 Bjørn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>       | "The Net interprets censorship
 <URL:http://www.pvv.unit.no/~borud/>  | as damage and routes around it."