Re: simple embedded C/SQL question

From: <gbray1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:34:47 GMT

Someone suggested that you use a host variable. Well, you definitely have to use host variables with SQL statements but I don't think you can use one as the where clause. What you have to do is use dynamic SQL. You have to use declare cursor and prepare cursor. You didn't specify which version of the database and which version of Pro*C you're running under and so if you're using Oracle 8, it is possible that they have something new in that, but I haven't heard of it.

If you need more info or some sample code, just email me back.

Geoffrey Bray
Tandy Corporation