Re: Cannot set NLS_DATE_FORMAT

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:27:54 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Steve Livingston <slivings_at_digitalriver.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 01:31:59 -0500, you wrote:

>In my initsid.ora I've tried:
>
>nls_date_format = 'DD-MON-RR'
>
>but oracle still assumes 'DD-MON-YY' as the default date mask.
>
>(I'm trying to get year-2000-compliance.)
>
>I'm using 7.3.2.3 on sun/solaris2.5
>
>Can you help?
>
>Cheers,
>Steve

what is the client? if it is on windows, then the registry settings override the database -- the default client install sets NLS_LANG. By setting this, it is assumed the client is setting any and all NLS_* parameters.

If not windows, do you have any NLS_* environment variables set?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 08:27:54 CDT