SQL*NET Invalid Driver & ORACLE Reports

From: Bob Lentz <rlentz_at_wireless.wec.com>
Date: 1998/06/23

I am in need of assistance in trying to find problem connecting to database from client thru ORACLE Reports. I have inherited maintenance of the software and have limited knowledge of its history.

Version info:

        Sun Solaris 2.4
        ORACLE7 Server 7.2.2.3
        SQL*Plus 3.2.2
        ORACLE Reports 2.0
        SQL*Net 2

The problem:
        Via ORACLE Reports, I am unable to connect to specified database
from any client. However, I have absolutely no problem connecting to database from client using SQL*Plus with the identical connect string.

The connect info:

via ORACLE Reports:

        user:                user1
        password:       password
        database:        @T:server:database

via SQL*Plus
        sqlplus user1/password_at_server

Using ORACLE reports produces the following errors:
        REP-0501:  unable to connect to specified database
        ORA-06401:  NETCMN:  invalid driver designator

Any info to assist in tracking down problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Lentz Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT