Re: version control system for ORACLE NT

From: Mathieu Hornsperger <mlvmxh02_at_nortel.ca>
Date: 1998/06/23

Andy Hardy wrote:

> > Has anybody done anything like that before? It seems that integrating
> > with ORACLE*Developer/2000 is difficult and managing versions of the
> > binary FMB's is an adventure (pvcs seems not to like binaries).
>
> You'll probably need to use the File/Administration/Convert
> 'binary-to-text' facility within Dev/2K.
>
> Andy

This is definitely what we did with .FMT, .MMT and .PLL files. Beware that .FMT files are huge: for instance, 4 Mb for a let's say 15 windows application.
We used at first SCCS (very common in Unix environment) and now ClearCase (more serious in fact).
This is working but takes a lot of time. Furthermore, do not hope to provide any significant 'DIFF' on .FMT files. This works well though for .PLL files (libraries).

Hope this help
Regards,
Mathieu

mailto:mlvmxh02_at_nortel.ca                         NORTEL Europe SA
Enhanced Services Group                      Parc Leonard de Vinci
Voice : +33 1 64767714                       15, av A. Graham Bell
Fax   : +33 1 64767620                            Bussy St Georges
                                     77608 Marne La Vallee Cedex 3
http://www.nortel.com/                                      FRANCE