Re: Newbie, please help me with the error

From: Aaron Bradford <aaronb_at_dtn.com>
Date: 1998/06/23

You have a problem with your configuration of sqlnet. Check the listener.ora file on the server (often found for unix at $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) as well as the tnsnames.ora file(which will be in the same place on the server) and on an windows it will be in orawin95/net80/admin make sure that all the services the listener is listening for (and the listener is running by using >lsnrctl status on the server) have corresponding entries in the tnsnames.ora files. There are samples of these two files in orawin95/net80/admin/samples. Finally make sure that the service(alias for the instance) you are trying to create a database on is in tnsnames.ora so that the computer knows where you are trying to execute the command at.

good luck,
aaron (aaronb_at_dtn.com)