Oracle Certification: Is it worth it?

From: E <eee_at_eee.eee>
Date: 23 Jun 1998 21:22:58 GMT

I'm looking into making a career change to programming. I have an extensive background with computers and pick up new apps easily. Could someone briefly give me their opinion on becoming a programmer? I'm told Oracle is a good thing to specialize in. And that getting decent jobs is not all that difficult. Is it worth spending $5000 and 6 months of classes to become certified? I have other questions concerning Microsoft certification, PowerBuilder, PeopleSoft and SAP, if anyone knows about these. Please post here or email me at photo331(at)usa(dot)net. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 16:22:58 CDT