Problems accessing procedure with SQLForms3.0

From: Jeff Reifsteck <jreifsteck_at_att.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:56:16 -0400

I'm trying to access a stored procedure on an Oracle 7.1.4 database using SQLForms 3.0. The procedure is reached across a database link that points to another database. In that database a synonym has been created to point to the procedure.

I have copied the call to this procedure into a .sql file and am able to run it in sqlplus using e/f (userid/passwd) An example of the code follows:
DECLARE

	A	varchar2(10);
	B	varchar2(10);
BEGIN
	A := 'HELP';
	test(A,B);

END; I am using runform30 "filename" e/f (userid/passwd) so I'm connecting the same as when I run the code in sqlplus. The SQLForms code runs until it hits the procedure call and then does a core dump. The code within SQLForms is being invoked like this: DEFINE PROCEDURE
	NAME = Validate_Test
	DEFINITION = <<
	Function Validate_Test Return Boolean is
		A	varchar2(10);
		B	varchar2(10);
		Result BOOLEAN DEFAULT NULL;
Begin
	Result := FALSE;
	A := 'HELP';
	test(A,B);
	return (Result);

End;

My questions are, is it possible to access a stored procedure (there must be a way), and if so, how does one do it.

If you can help me out with some advice I'd appreciate it. Please send your response to me by email as I can't always monitor the newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff Reifsteck Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 07:56:16 CDT