Re: "Alter table" syntax command ?

From: Patrick Marcouly <patrick.marcouly_at_gsi.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:38:28 +0200

Hahaha, you don't undertand my first message... Sorry for my poor English.

My problem is not to add a column, but to drop a column. I added a column by mistake, and now i try to drop it.

Some gentle people said me that a dropping column command don't exist in Oracle 7.3.
The only solution is to recreate another table based on the first one, without the wrong column.
Of course, this implies to save data, recreate Indexes, grants, etc... What a bunch of work !

Could anyone help me ? I'm looking for a command for diagnosing all indexes existing on a table.
Something like :
SELECT INDEX_NAME, INDEX_KEY FROM INDEX_LIST WHERE INDEX_LIST.TABLE_NAME = 'MY_TABLE'; Is this kind of command possible ?