Is anyone using Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC? Help!!

From: Chris Wong <manx_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:46:39 GMT

Hello:
Has anyone successfully used a stored procedure to insert data from remote ODBC data sources into local oracl table? Are there special configuration paramenters to setup in initodbc.ora file?

Notes: we were able to use @ODBC links to create tables from remote data sources; however "create table" command cannot be used within a stored procedure to trigger calls to remote data sources to retriefve rows. As a result, we need to use the copy command or the insert command. But this method failed with the following errors: ora-03113 end of file error. In this senario we were attempting to insert rows from an Access database (on the same machine where Oracle was installed) into a locac oracle table.

Please help. Any comment is welcome. TIA Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 17:46:39 CDT