PL/SQL Question

From: Sean Dolan <dolans_at_stripe.Colorado.EDU>
Date: 22 Jun 98 18:21:56 GMT

	I am trying to replace the ASCII carriage return (chr(13)) with '<br><br>'.  I have tried to use the following code but it won;t work:
       select translate (lp,chr(13),
             breaker)into lp
           from dual;

where
        breaker := '<br><br>';

How do you replace/translate a string where you replace one character with many? I have tried to put the <br><br> string in for breaker but it replaces char(13) with the < symbol - again a problem with replacing 1 character with many.

Thanks,
Sean Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 13:21:56 CDT