UNIX error when connecting through server manager

From: <mandrew_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/06/19

I am trying to connect internal to a database through telnet. When I connect it returns the following error.

ORA-09817: Write to audit file failed.
HP-UX Error: 28: No space left on device

I am not real familiar with UNIX systems, but at a glance this error would tell me that the file system is full. But even if that is the case, why would connecting internally to a database return this? And what are the necessary steps to resolve this?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance