Re: Problems with OraTCL

From: Cameron Laird <claird_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: 1998/06/19

In article <358AA0D3.A52F77FD_at_hiwd.net>, Richard J. Finn <rfinn_at_hiwd.net> wrote:
>I actually like dynamic libs... when they do their job and are
>documented. My problem with the Oracle stuff was that it just wasn't
>documented enough.

I'll second this: I OFTEN advise people to use static linking. I like dynamic
libs. It's been my experience that dynamic linking methods are so infrequently documented  correctly that my advice is the
safest. I wish it were otherwise. I know it is for Larry and many others. Documentation  is important. That's my experience.

> Perhaps their should be something like "beginner versions" of various
>TCL packages. Shrug. Just a thought.

There should be. Several of us are chatting about just such topics now. All the people in a position to construct such have more rewarding work to do. 'Twould be *very* welcome for someone to come up with an
institutional--or psychological!--arrangement that reshuffled those incentives so such good works could be completed.

> Thanks again for the help Cameron!

You're quite welcome. Good luck with
all your Webifying.

			.
			.
			.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird_at_NeoSoft.com      +1 713 996 8546 FAX