Re: newlines

From: Rohrbacher, Ing. Boris <rohbo_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:55:37 +0200

Hi chris_at_ultramedia.co.uk wrote:

> How do I search my entire databases for newlines and strip them out?

Whats your entire database ?? all your data, a column in a table or simple everything.

a.) In the later case use an os tool that allows you to replace chars in files

     and replace chr(13) and/or chr(10)  by nothing.
     It is very important that you do this  as root or superuser or
administrator or whatever the name of the user is
     who is allowed to sink the machine.
     You will probably have to start from scratch but you  goal is achvied
: Every newline replaced in entire database !!

b.) If its only a column ( or multiples columns ) in a database try

     update the_table_name_goes_here set colwithcrlf := replace(replace( colwithcrlf, chr(13) ) , chr(10) ) ;

But please DO NOT enter ( or HIT ) commit before your absolutly sure what you are doing.

Regards
 Robo.