OWS 3.0 and Oracle 8

From: Enzo Mangrella <emangrella_at_matrix.it>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:13:35 +0200

hello,

please help me ,

I have an ows 3.0 running on a Solaris 2.6 machine, which connects to a Oracle 8 db (Solaris 2.6) via Net8.
On high traffic load db connections hang up, web server (it is a Netscape Enterprise 2.13) stops working and I have to restart http server, wrb and db server (!) .

Is there a listener.ora configuration to deal this problem? Maybe are there compatibility problems between ows 30 and oracle8, or Net8?
I found somewhere in a Oracle WebSite a short article, which reccomend to use SQLNET V2 to connect a Oracle 8 from an OAS 3.0. What does it mean? Do I have to install SqlNet v2 on the client machine or also on db machine?

Anyone could help me?

Enzo Received on Fri Jun 19 1998 - 09:13:35 CDT