OAS - invalid virtual host.

From: Felipe Schmidt <fschmi1_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:14:32 -0300

I am installing an Oracle application Server 3.0.0 on a NT server.

When I try to access the Web Server from a station on the LAN I get the message:

"The request did not specify a valid virtual host."

It happens with IE 3.0, IE 4.0 or Netscape 3.0, but with an IE 2.0 the connection is ok, both to the admin ( :8888 ) and www ( :80).

There's not a DNS server on the network, so I configurated the file
"hosts." to associate the host_name.domain_name with the IP address.

When I ping with "-a" the response is fine.

Does anybody knows what I did wrong?

thanks. Received on Thu Jun 18 1998 - 20:14:32 CDT