Truncate table not allowed in SP

From: Kenny Yuen <kenny_at_ppg01.sc.hp.com>
Date: 18 Jun 1998 21:57:06 GMT

Can someone help me to understand why "truncate table" would cause a compilation error if it is used in a store procedure? It seems to me that certain SQL commands are not allowed in SP. I could work around it with the "delete from" but I really want to use the "truncate table" statement instead. Please advice how I might be able to do that.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny