Re: Version Control thru the lifecycle

From: <thomasj_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1998/06/17

In article <3587AF11.DB2C453C_at_post.ch>,
  Chris Duursma <duursmac_at_post.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently working for a large project using des2000/1.3.2. Next
> month we'll go in production and we are thinking about how we'll have
> version control thru the lifecycle of our product. As a part of the
> quality managment process we should e.g. know the changes
> (date/who/what) in pl/sql-modules. Of course i can use the release notes
> property, can document changes inside the code and combine all this
> together whith the (poor) posibilities of version control inside the
> des2000. But is there no better way? For example an integration of tools
> like Intersolv PVCS Version Manager into Oracle Designer 2000. Any
> ideas, experiences, products etc?
>
> Chris

> Swiss Post
> Postfinance - PF22
> I/O Systeme
> Chris Duursma, Senior Consultant
> Engehaldestrasse 39
> CH-3030 Bern
>
> Tel: +41 31 338 16 16
> FAX: +41 31 338 70 29
> e-mail: duursmac_at_post.ch
> private e-mail: duursma_at_thenet.ch

Chris,

PLATINUM SQL-Station Code Manager, a component of PLATINUM SQL-Station/Team Edition, is a tool that supports team development of database server-side code and objects, and also provides comprehensive version control.

For more information, please visit the SQL-Station page at: http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/suite2.htm

Janis Thomas
Platinum Technology, Inc.