URGENT: Need help for homegrown snapshot mechanism.

From: <mnawani_at_table.jps.net>
Date: 1998/06/17

Hi all,

   I need some help in implementing a round-about way of doing    snapshots by using part of the Oracle process of    creating snapshot logs and then using my own procedures    to create a delta of the changes and the delta of the MLOG$ table    which will then be applied on the target site (which happens to be    in another country) through a process that will delete all the    records from the table and then append the records from the delta.

  The delta tables will be sent through an export.

  Can anyone please tell me if this looks workable?

  Please help.

Thanks in advance
Mahesh Nawani Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT