Problems with Net8 Easy Config and a custom DB

From: replace ? with com <_at_dlinkgrp.?>
Date: 1998/06/17

I've just installed Oracle 8.0.3 on an NT server, and created a cusatom database. That all went fine, but when I try to set up a 'network share' for the DB using Net8 Easy Config, I get the following error message when testing the connection:

> The test did not succeed.
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
>
> There may be an error in the fields entered
> or the server may not be ready for a connection.
> You can check the server and retry, or continue.

I'm using a medium database (with all the default values in the wizard), and trying to connect using the INTERNAL user and the password that I entered in the DB wizard. The two NT services related to the DB's SID are active and the documentation's not much help.

Anyone got any ideas?

Pete
pjc_at_dlinkgrp.?
(replace the ? with com) Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT