Re: Creating Crystal Reports menu system

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:04:20 GMT

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:48:34 -0700, Mike Baldock <Mike.Balodock_at_hri.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have been creating Crystal Reports to query an remote Oracle database
>for about 12 months.
>
>I'm frustrated at having to load Crystal, or run compiled reports (slow)
>from the desk top, especiallly as this is not user friendly to other
>members of staff..

Another possibility is to get one of the toolsets that has cron type applications. For example, wincron can read event tables off of network drives. Search for wincron.zip, I think I got it off of www.winsite.com but I could only seem to find a 3.1 version this time... I thought I got it from "toolbars and launchers." It does require VB DLLs. Or see http://www.gtlinc.com/Products/Uwin/Uwin.html for some serious stuff.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry jgarry@nospameiq.com
"See your DBA?"  I AM the @#%*& DBA!     Remove nospam to reply.  Sorry.