Java error when access Dev/2000 Server demo

From: Peter H. Larsen <plarsen_at_dc.dynares.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:12:31 -0400

Hi,
Using Developer/2000 Server 2.0 I've written a little demo fmx that makes a standard little master/detail (2 minutes of work). I'm using the Forms50 Server to publish this on an internal webpage. Using the easy STATIC approach the example html has been altered, the virtual directiories has been created, with the same names etc. as in the userguide (web_html, web_code etc.).

Running/loading my static HTML fetches the Java and it starts loading, but before the Forms Server is being called the Java fails with the message: Class java.lang.FormatError already loaded.

I've tried using the Oracle Web Appliation Server 3.0 or Microsoft Information Server, but nomatter what, I keep getting the same message. Anyone emcombured that before? If so is it a setup problem, or a Developer/2000 2.0 sickness that's only cured by downgrading to 1.5 ??

The fmx file runs on the Developer/2000 server using a standard f50run32 command. The fmb file is present, is that a problem for the webserver?