user/pwd in pro*c pgm

From: Lisa Lewis <lewis_at_med.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:59:52 -0400

I was wondering how others keep there userid/pwd from being embedded in pro*c pgms. I know about the $OPS option....how safe is this? Can you connect to a database on a different server than the pro*c executable using the $OPS method? I have not been able to get this to work. What are other options?

Thanks!
Lisa Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 12:59:52 CDT