Re: possible dual table problem

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:37:19 GMT

You need to either recreate the DUAL table, or delete one of the rows. Strange that two rows got in there in the first place. DUAL is owned by SYS, so log on as SYS and try somethnig like the following:

SQL> describe dual

 Name                            Null?    Type
 DUMMY                                    VARCHAR2(1)

SQL> select dummy,rowid from dual;

D ROWID

X AAAAeGAABAAAATmAAA

SQL> delete from dual where rowid='AAAAeGAABAAAATmAAA';

1 row deleted.

Don't forget to do a commit.