Re: Web application server and "Basic Oracle" Authentication

From: Dawn Myfanwy Cohen <dcohen_at_aramis.rutgers.edu>
Date: 16 Jun 1998 16:22:22 -0400

"Brad Orahood" <brad_at_ipinc.net> writes:

>Has anyone out there successfully got the "Basic Oracle" authentication to
>work in OWAS 3.0? With authentication off, I've had success with html as
>well as the plsql and perl cartriges, but when the authentication gets
>turned
>on, it asks for a username/password combination, but refuses to go on
>from there.

Are you sure that
(1) at the user/password dialog, you've entered a valid username and password (2) the user and password are valid *for the database specified in

    the DAD that you are trying to use* (3) the specified user has execute privileges for the packages you

    are trying to access via the PL/SQL agent?