Oracle Forms interface problem?

From: Mario van Essen <M.van.Essen_at_fibre.A2000.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:57:46 GMT

Hi,

we are building a call-centre application with a full windows call-centre application consisting of contact management, marketing campaign management, tele-marketing and call-centre interface. This bought application is an Omnis7, Delphi and C++ application with lots of possibilities to interface with other applications (DDE, direct SQL, parameter interfacing and more.).

We also have two underlaying customer information systems which we want to call from the call-centre application, using the found customer with ID's, adresses, and ... Both applications are Oracle forms 4.5 applications running on NT 4.0 clients. We want to start the Oracle applications from the CallCenter application, it works with starting runtime forms 4.5 and the specific .fmx form with a few definedparameters, but:

most of the users (all of them) have their Oracle applications open all day. So we want to start a specific and already open Oracle form from the CC-application with the same parameters, but do not know how to do it. We can do it with a temporary text file in windows\temp with the right parameters in it and read that from the Oracle application, but we have to figure out some permanent "deamon" functionality? We also did it with a table using temporary records and a requery from the Oracle applications, but that option needs a user action. We want to minimize the user actions and just give them their Oracle form with the full customer information based on the found customer information in the CC-application.

Can somebody help us?

Mario van Essen

     Mario van Essen                             N.V. REMU
M.van.Essen_at_fibre.A2000.nl      @..@     Organisatie & Informatie
                                                 mvs_at_remu.nl
    +31-35-6289705             (----)          +31-30-2976674       Hilversum               (>____<)             Utrecht
-----------"New: Now fast on fibre on my cable connection"-------

--"The Netherlands, http://people.A2000.nl/mvessen/index.html"---
--- "Life at the Net is like living in space and looking down, -- -  asking yourself what will be going on down there on earth"----
-Everything I write is my own opinion, not that of the N.V. REMU-