Exporting functions/procedures?

From: Steve Brown <steve_b*NOSPAM*_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/06/15

UNIX - Digital Oracle 7.2

I am fairly new to this stuff and have just begun doing simple things like creating databases, tablespaces, etc.

I have also successfully exported and imported databases ... and also exporting and importing using INDEXFILE to create a representation on tables owned by various users. When I inherited the database there were absolutely no documents left which described the database, what tables existed or why, functions, procedures, etc. (Yeah! Happy Happy!)

Is there anyway that I can use export/import to create SQL representations of functions and procedures? I am somewhat unclear on the definition of "procedure" so maybe I am asking a question which does not make sense ... But just looking through my "exp FULL=Y" file I see things like "create function" and I know there is a function gross_pay .. but how do I make a file of simple SQL which can recreate all existing functions and procedures? Perhaps without using export/import such as SQL query to show function names, then to get more info on each of those functions?

....Steve <steve_b_at_ix.netcom.com>

-------------NOTE THE HEADER FROM ADDRESS CONTAINS ANTI_SPAM TEXT ------------ Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT