utl_http.

From: Lee M Horowitz <lhorow_at_corp.idt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:29:54 -0400

I am using utl_http.request(url) [returns the "page" from any URL into pl/sql procedure].
All is well EXCEPT....there seems to be some sort of "timeout" (approx 15 secs).
I can see results from many a URL in my browser (netscape, IE, doesnt seem to be a
factor)...but when I go through utl_http there's always a delay. If it really IS a timeout issue...is there some way the responding url can "tell" utl_http
that that's all there is, (so utl_http.request would then return to its caller) , or is there
a way to ajdust the timeout parameter before I make the call? Or does someone know for a fact that my guesse is all wet, that its NOT a timeout (holding http connection open until a timeout) that's causing my problem?
I would be grateful for any insight anyone might have wrt this problem. Thanx in advance. Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 10:29:54 CDT