3 tier installation

From: Peter Korres <korresp_at_perkin-elmer.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:03:33 +0200

Hi,

We are about to install Oracle 7.2 on HP-UX in order to set up a 3 tier system. One HP server as application server, one as database server and client PC running a Forms 4.5 application. Does anyone have a technical paper on how to set up a 3 tier system. I am looking for configuration data like setup of database links, declaration of users, should users be created on both servers. How should I setup the user environment, I know on OpenVMS you should define a logical ORA_DFLTHOSTSTR in the database owner's login.com file, is this also applicable for HP-UX.

References to manuals or 'web papers' is also appriciated.

Thanks for your help,

Peter Korres
Consultant Lab. Automation
KorresP_at_Perkin-Elmer.com
KorresP_at_Worldonline.nl Received on Sun Jun 14 1998 - 14:03:33 CDT