Re: SQL*LOADER Problem

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/06/12

A copy of this was sent to Stuart Wood <stuart-wood_at_uiowa.edu> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:43:30 -0500, you wrote:

>We recently switched from 7.1 to 7.3 of Oracle and are now having an odd
>problem with sql loader.
>
>When loading a comma-delimited file, the last field always loads as
>NULL. Everything else seems normal. The .ctl file has been used
>successfully and extensively with 7.1. Also, this problem has occurred
>in similar but unrelated scripts.
>
>What the hell's the deal???
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Stuart Wood

Hows about sharing the .ctl file and one line of input data and the create table statement.

For example, if you post something like:

  1 create table csv_test
  2* ( c1 varchar2(255), c2 varchar2(255), c3 varchar2(255) ) SQL> /

I've loaded that on 7.3 and it worked fine. Can you give us an example that does not work so we can reproduce the issue?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Jun 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT