Re: DBD::Oracle on Solaris2.6 ?

From: Doug Emerald <emerald_at_reston.ans.net>
Date: 1998/06/11

I had the same problem with 0.47 The README file suggests several options to try when you are generating the Makefile if you encounter core dumps.

perl Makefile.PL -m 0
perl Makefile.PL -m 0 -c
perl Makefile.PL -m 0 -p
perl Makefile.PL -m 0 -p -c

The first one worked for me. I have since moved to DBD::Oracle-0.50 and had no problems straight out of the box.

Doug

>Dan Hopkins wrote in message <6ljch0$4u4$1_at_morse.news.easynet.net>...
>>I'm having some problems installing DBD::Oracle 0.47 on a new Solaris2.6
>>box. Perl5.004_04 went on with no problems, as did DBI 0.93
>>
>>make'ing the DBD::Oracle module doesn't throw up any obvious errors, but
>>come to the 'make test' and both tests core dump as shown below. The
>>ORACLE_USERID env variable is correctly set, as is TWO_TASK. SQL*Net 2 is
>>configured correctly (sqlplus will connect with no problems) Can anyone
>>suggest why I might be getting ORA-03113 on the test ?
>>
>>Any suggestions appreciated.

 Many errors deleted...