Pro*c vs Stored procs

From: Lisa Lewis <lewis_at_med.pitt.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:18:54 -0400

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me some guidelines on whether to do most of my interaction with the Oracle db via Embedded sql in a pro*c program or via stored procedures that are called from a pro*c program. I am currently doing everything in stored procedures even simple inserts into tables because this is what I am most comfortable with. What are the ramifications of developing this way. Is it better to use embedded SQL with Pro*c program to do processing? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Can someone please give me some guidelines. It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Lisa Received on Thu Jun 11 1998 - 14:18:54 CDT