Re: DBD::Oracle on Solaris2.6 ?

From: Dan Hopkins <dan_at_ukonline.net>
Date: 1998/06/10

Dan Hopkins wrote in message <6ljch0$4u4$1_at_morse.news.easynet.net>...
>I'm having some problems installing DBD::Oracle 0.47 on a new Solaris2.6
>box. Perl5.004_04 went on with no problems, as did DBI 0.93
>
>make'ing the DBD::Oracle module doesn't throw up any obvious errors, but
>come to the 'make test' and both tests core dump as shown below. The
>ORACLE_USERID env variable is correctly set, as is TWO_TASK. SQL*Net 2 is
>configured correctly (sqlplus will connect with no problems) Can anyone
>suggest why I might be getting ORA-03113 on the test ?

Update (for anyone interested):

Downloaded the newer version of DBD::Oracle 0.50 This had a slightly better test run, but still failed with an ORA-03113 (End of file on comms channel) Narrowed it down to, and removed, the "binding a null and getting a string back" test. If anyone knows whether this is an important failing, I'd appreciate hearing about it !

Dan Hopkins
UK Online ltd. Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT