Re: Oracle6 for Dos configuration

From: Garysoft <garysoft_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 10:56:38 GMT

Oracle6 must run in "protected mode" from the DOS prompt with VCPI support loaded. We have used QEMM97 memory manager to provide VCPI support on DOS 6 machines because DOS 6 does not provide VCPI support.

I have found that Win95 provides VCPI support, so you don't need QEMM97, but you still must run from the DOS prompt, not in a Win95 DOS window. You may need to add Himem.sys and Emm386.exe to your Config.sys.

To boot to DOS prompt in Win95, edit msdos.sys and set BootGUI=0. After DOS session, you can start Win95 GUI by typing WIN.

I'd love to find a way to run Oracle6 in a Win95 window, but so far no luck. If you hear of a way, please post.

Good luck. Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 05:56:38 CDT