Re: Oracle View / MS Access: 'Recordset not updateable'

From: Dan Hopkins <dan_at_ukonline.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 13:50:04 +0100

pkilmer_at_hersheys.com wrote in message <357c3951.28065869_at_news>...
>I've defined a simple Oracle 7.2.3 table which I can update through
>both SQL Plus 8.0.4.0.0 and via ODBC (Ora8 driver) in MS Access 7.0.
>I've also defined a simple (I think!) view of the table which is also
>updateable via SQL Plus, but yields the message 'Recordset not
>updateable' when attempting to update the MSA 'table'.

>Any similar experiences or resolutions would be of great interest.

This may not be what you're after ..... but the only time I've come across a similar problem is when the table has no index, and attempted updates generate "Recordset not updateable". I'm not that versed with views, but perhaps it too needs an index ?

Regards,

Dan.
UKOnline Ltd. Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 07:50:04 CDT