Re: How can I connect my OPO front-end to a Crystal Report?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 1998/06/08

wendymg_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>HI: I am trying to connect the OPO front end of our product to the new
>reports done in Crystal Reports. I am brand new to OPO. I figure I can call
>the Crystal executable with WinExec, but I need to figure out how to pass in
>parameters to the reports. Any suggestions how to go about this? Thank you,
>Wendy

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

OPO comes with a Crystal Reports object....check your documentation about its use....

Here is an excerpt from the OPO help file...

Using Crystal Reports 5.0 with Oracle Power Objects·

        Open a form in Oracle Power Objects.

· Select the Crystal Report Control in the Object Palette, and drop it onto your form.

· Enter the full path and filename of your report (for example, c:\crw\report1.rpt) in the ReportFileName property in the Property sheet, or double-click on the control and enter the filename in the ReportFileName field of the Property Page.

· Set the Destination property of the control "To Printer".

· Print the report from an appropriate method (such as form1.click), with either of the following commands:

CrystalReport1.Action = 1

or

x = CrystalReport1.PrintReportMethod()

Now when you run this application and click on the appropriate object (such as form1), your Crystal Report file will print.

For more information on using the Crystal Report ActiveX Custom Control and the Crystal Report Print Engine, please see the appendix on Crystal Reports in the Oracle Power Objects User's Guide, and the Crystal Reports Developer's Help, DEVELOPR.HLP.

Please also see the Crystal Reports sample application, in the Samples/ActiveX directory.

Hope it helps,

John Greco
Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT