Oracle View / MS Access: 'Recordset not updateable'

From: <pkilmer_at_hersheys.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 19:31:48 GMT

I've defined a simple Oracle 7.2.3 table which I can update through both SQL Plus 8.0.4.0.0 and via ODBC (Ora8 driver) in MS Access 7.0. I've also defined a simple (I think!) view of the table which is also updateable via SQL Plus, but yields the message 'Recordset not updateable' when attempting to update the MSA 'table'.

This view is being created so that any database user can only see those rows of data which belong to him/her. The view qualifies the rows by using USER along with a relationship table.

Any similar experiences or resolutions would be of great interest.

Regards,
Paul Kilmer
pkilmer_at_hersheys.com Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 14:31:48 CDT