Net8

From: <chris_at_ultramedia.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 15:22:17 GMT

Hi,

I'm new to Oracle (though not SQL) and
am trying to use DBD to connect via Perl-CGI.
(I currently use Java-JDBC but it is too slow
 and doesn't work from behind a Firewall).

DBD tells me I need SQL*Net which I don't have, but I think Net8 is the new name for it on Oracle8 (right?) which I do have.

My network consists of a Webserver (Solaris) and an Oracle8 database on NT (...with +100 icons!).

So, how do I set up Net8, I haven't got a clue...

(also, if anyone knows, how do I install DBD on Solaris
because it complains that there should be some Oracle environment variables on Solaris....yet there is no Oracle files on Solaris)

TIA Chris - chris_at_ultramedia.co.uk