Re: RAISE_EXCEPTION message customization ?

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 8 Jun 1998 13:07:47 GMT

It appears you are using Forms as the front-end. If you check the Oracle return code variable SQLCODE and find a non-zero value you know an error occurred and you can then display the contents of SQLERRM which you can set in the exception clause of your trigger. You will have to code exception clauses in your triggers that capture the original Oracle error like 'no data found' or 'unique constraint violation' and set the SQLERRM variable and raise a user error or re-raise the original error.

I am not sure you can make these changes since it appears you may be using a vendor (Oracle) application product and I do not know what type of modifications you are allowed to make. But since the application recognizes that an error occurred it may be possible to pass a message back the same way the product does. I would be surprised if the application was using SQLERRM now.

Boaz <boazz_at_wis.weitzmann.ac.il> wrote in article >>