Getting error stack for runtime-errors in PL/SQL

From: <icweber_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 10:51:39 GMT

Hello

i want to write an error-handler for my PL/SQL program (Oracle 7.3). I want to log the error-number and message (no problem with SQLCODE and SQLERRM). But additionaly i want to log the prozedure-name and -line where the error occured. If i use a tool like SQL/Plus i get the original error-message (e.g.
"ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero") an additional messages like
"ORA-06512: at line 4". How can i get in PL/SQL. I already explored the
function DBMS_UTILITY.format_error_stack but it seems not to work. It return only the first error message. Is there any sollution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Bye
  Christian

Christian Weber